Outsourced Q Mark Certification Services – Why Fire Safety Matters
Following Grenfell, building contractors are more mindful about fire safety when constructing or refurbishing buildings, but Q-certificated joiners and fire stoppers are in short supply and there is still a lot of misinformation out there – and the regulations are set to get even tougher.
As a contract Q-certified fire door fitter and provider of fire stopping services, I see my role as fixing mistakes before they damage people and reputations – because most well-meaning builders want and are trying to get it right. Common mistakes which would fail a building inspection include:
- Q-Certified Fire doors fitted in inadequate, non certified door frames with non-certified fittings – the wrong fittings means the door would fail and the wrong door frames mean the door will simply fall out in the event of a fire.
- Inadequate Fire stopping around fire doors, causing the door to fail well before it’s certified time
- Gaps above, below and to the side of fire doors, rendering the door ineffective in a fire
Services I offer
I offer a range of sub-contracted joinery and Q Certified Fire Door fitting & inspection services at reasonable prices to assist other building contractors and to play my part in keeping people safe. Services I can offer include:
1. Q Certified Fire Door Fitting
2. Upgrading the standard of Existing Fire Door Installations
3. Advice, Support and Rectification on Fire Stopping and Fire Doors
With more than 20 years of general joinery experience, I can also act as a sub-contractor on kitchen and bathroom installations. I cover the whole of the UK – to learn more, please get in touch.